Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hope at Ridgeway!

I have three children in Ridgeway, and as a volunteer at the school, I have had the opportunity to witness the enthusiasm and dedication of my children's teachers. Recently, I was fortunate enough to receive a long-term sub position at Ridgeway, which has provided me with a unique perspective. In the past, I observed the teachers through a parent's eyes; now, however, I see these women "behind the scenes." I have come to know teachers who are also wives and young mothers, but take time from their own families to spend time at after-school activities. I see teachers who stay after until late in the evening to decorate for holidays. The dedication and devotion I have witnessed makes me feel happy for my children and hopeful for the future of education.

This post is part of the MAT@USC Hope for the holidays event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment